Nauriin Ahmed graduated with Highest Distinction (GPA 3.84/4.0) from BRAC University and with an Upper Second Class (2.1) from Christ’s College, the University of Cambridge with a Master’s Degree in Corporate Law (MCL) in 2017. She was awarded the Herbert Smith Freehills African-Asian Bursary by the Faculty of Law, University of Cambridge and the Christ’s College Scriven Graduate Bursary, for her academic excellence during her undergraduate studies at BRAC University.
While at Cambridge, Nauriin completed week-long work experience with Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF), under the supervision of Mr. Mark Bardell, Partner at HSF. During her undergraduate studies, she served as the Research Co-ordinator and then as the President of the Moot Court Society at BRAC University. She has successfully represented BRAC University in various national and international moot court competitions, and was a member of the winning team in three national championships and was adjudged the best speaker in the Vertex Chambers Annual Moot Court Competition, 2012.
Nauriin joined The Legal Circle immediately after graduating from BRAC University in 2015 and has been with the firm since. At The Legal Circle, Nauriin regularly assists the Partners in various transactions and advisory work for clients relating to matters including but not limited to corporate and finance, employment laws, media & telecommunication laws, NGO & non-profit laws, taxes & customs, etc. She has also been appointed as an adjunct faculty member at North-South University, Dhaka, the first private university in Bangladesh
Assisted the Partners in:
- Registration of a leading American brand of children’s clothing, gifts and accessories in Bangladesh.
- Registration of a well-known American women and children’s apparel designer, distributor, manufacturer and marketer in Bangladesh.
- Advising the world’s foremost manufacturers of sewing threads and industrial yarns in establishing their factory in Bangladesh.
- Establishment of the first impact fund to be registered in Bangladesh under the Alternative Investment Rules, 2015.
- Advising a financial technology company that aims to create a connected and cashless society in Bangladesh on raising of capital through equity investment.
- Vetting of documents for issuance of a corporate bond by Golden Harvest Agro Industries Limited.
- Advising an international impact fund on its investments of approximately USD 3 million and USD 4 million in companies in Bangladesh.
- BD Venture’s investment in Interactive Artifact Limited.
Regularly assisting the Partners in representing clients in transactional matters in corporate and securities domain.
- Advising the sourcing office of one of the world's largest retailers on termination, employment and end of service benefits to be provided under the labor laws.
- Advising a leading American brand of children’s clothing, gifts and accessories in Bangladesh on the establishment of an employee provident fund under the applicable laws.
- Advising a global marketing, distribution and project development company for world's leading producers and users of plastics and chemicals on its appointment of an independent contractor in Bangladesh.
- Advising the most popular social media network in the world on data protection laws, privacy laws and use of V-band frequency band in Bangladesh.
- Advising a leading cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service on data protection and privacy laws in Bangladesh.
- Advising India's largest premium video streaming platform on the regulatory framework governing video streaming services in Bangladesh.
- Advising Roots of Impact GmbH on its innovative financing program for social enterprises in Bangladesh.
- Advising Legal Action Worldwide (LAW) on its structure and mode of operation in Bangladesh in relation to its Rohingya Survivor Advocate Training and Documentation of Human Rights Abuses projects.
- Advising PADECO Company Ltd, in a Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) funded project to enhance the capacity of local government authorities, in order to elevate the standard of public services in non-metropolitan areas.
- Advising Porticus, an international organisation managing and developing philanthropic programmes of charitable entities established by Brenninkmeijer family entrepreneurs on its grants and donations in Bangladesh.
- Advising a renowned Bangladeshi conglomerate on its repatraition and use of its income derived and received outside Bangladesh.
- Advising the world's leading ride-sharing platform on its payment of value added tax in Bangladesh.
- Advising an American manufacturer of pathogen control for poultry feed on exporting its products to Bangladesh.
- Advising an Indian manufacturer of electronic products on exporting its products to Bangladesh.
1. Nauriin Ahmed, ‘Challenges to Enforcement of Competition Act’ The Financial Express (Dhaka, 11 December 2018) <http://today.thefinancialexpress.com.bd/print/challenges-to-enforcement-of-competition-act-1544435592> accessed 28 January 2019.
2. Masud Khan, N.M. Eftakharul Alam Bhuiya, Sameera M Reza and Nauriin Ahmed, ‘Jurisdictional Q&As: Bangladesh’ Foreign Investment Law Guide 2018-2019 (Lexis Nexis 2018) 9.
3. Masud Khan et. al., ‘Jurisdictional Q&As: Bangladesh’ Company Law Guide 2018-2019 (Lexis Nexis 2018) 9.
4. Md. Rizwanul Islam, Nauriin Ahmed and Professor K. Shamsuddin Mahmood, Bangladesh Style of Citation of Legal Authorities (Daily Star Books 2018).
1. 'Relevance of Citation and Research in Legal Practice' Discussion on the Recent Publication Related to Legal Citation (GDLN Centre, BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 17 January 2019.
2. 'Venture Capital Termsheet and Formalizing Agreements' Understanding Venture Capital for Bangladesh Market (Nascent Gardenia Hotel, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 5 March 2019.