Karishma has been called to the Bar of England and Wales in the year 2002 by the Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn.
She practices in the area of corporate and securities law, mergers and acquisitions, energy, admiralty and shipping, private equity transactions, general business advising and the representation of emerging growth companies. Karishma regularly represents local energy companies in the full spectrum of work from negotiating with government regulators for execution of project agreements, drafting, and negotiation of EPC contracts, purchase of major equipment, O&M contracts as well as achieving long time financial close for projects. Karishma has worked for companies ranging from start-ups to multinationals, as well as banks, energy, and electricity producing companies, telecommunication service provider and individual investors. She counsels on various corporate legal issues including social and legal compliance, company law compliance, human resource management, structuring and formation, early-stage company regulatory filing issues, securities offerings, and securities laws compliance, joint venture and strategic partnering relationships, and mergers and acquisitions. Her legal practice and experience include in industries including power and energy, anti-corruption laws, telecommunications, banking, and financial services, real estate, consumer products, and entertainment. She also represented traditional businesses for their corporate, contracts and intellectual property needs. She sits in the board of Khulna Power Company Limited as an independent director.
- The Installation, Erection and Commission Contract, the Supply Contract and the Guarantee and Co-ordination Contract between Sponsor Company and the Consortium of The First Northeast Electric Power Engineering Co. Ltd. and China National Electric Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Operations and Management Contract between Sponsor and KEPCO Plant Service & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Gas Turbine Sales Contract between Sponsor Company and GE Energy Products France SNC.
- Maintenance Services Agreement (in respect of Gas Turbine) between Sponsor Company and General Electric International, Inc.
- Parts supply and Offshore Repair Work Agreement (in respect of Gas Turbine) between Sponsor Company and GE Energy Parts, Inc.
- Sale of sponsor shares of Sponsor Company to Taiyo Life Insurance Company Limited.
- Achieved long term financial close of Sponsor Company with IDCOL, Standard Chartered Bank and a syndicate of European DFIs.
- Gas Turbine Sales Contract between Sponsor Company and General Electric Company
- Maintenance Services Agreement (in respect of Gas Turbine) between Sponsor Company and General Electric International, Inc
- Parts Supply and Repair Work Agreement (in respect of Gas Turbine) between Sponsor Company and GE Energy Parts, Inc
- Operations and Maintenance Agreement between a consortium of NEPC and NSRD and Sponsor Company
- Achieved long term financial close of Sponsor Company with ADB, IFC, and IsDB.
- Acted as the owner’s in 2011 (Sponsor Company) counsel in relation to achieving financial close of the company. As Owner’s Counsel, Karishma has negotiated and concluded the following contracts:
Term Loan Facility and other security documentation between Sponsor Company and DEG – DEUTSCHE INVESTITIONS- UND ENTWICKLUNGSGESELLSCHAFT MBHand NEDERLANDSE FINANCIER VOOR ONTWIKKELINGSLANDEN N.V.